Monday, June 30, 2008
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
All ideas about love are in the minds of the one thinking about it
Or is it beyond mind in their hearts?
Doesn't love transcend thinking?
A definition of love that appears quite frequently in dictionaries is
"A deep tender ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude towards a person (thing?) and a sense of underlying oneness"
Love is what we would all like to live in
And so it can be however only once we have learnt to love ourselves
How can we love another if we cannot love ourselves?
Not loving ourselves in a trite narcissistic sense rather in a profound appreciation for what we are
Make love your subject it is so vast
It can lead us away from the mundane and uncomfortable lives we lead
Love is open to all no one can lock it away from us
A fuller deeper experience of lifeLove is something that can also be in our experience of nature that feeling of identity with it and again that oneness
Love is simply an amazing subject as it can also free us from the pains of life
Love lifts us to another space
Love can support us
Love can sustain us
Love is the source impulse that created our solar system
Love is a subject so important that we think about it more than any other
Love is the word and idea used in most advertising and marketting
Simply because it has more power as an idea than any other
Love is what we dream of
Love is what we want for our friends and family.
All relationships benefit from love
Look at love
Look at your relationship to it
Love is not as many imagine dependent upon others
Learn about love
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Or " Water Displacement #40 as it was originally called.
The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts.
WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company.
Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound.
They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40.
The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their Atlas missile parts.
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you.
When you read the 'shower door' part, try it. It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It's a miracle!
Then try it on your stovetop... Voila! It's now shinier than it's ever been. You'll be amazed.
Here are some of the uses for WD-40:
1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows. How about Horses? Added.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terracotta garden pots from oxidising.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly!
20) Gives a children's gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.
22) Rids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in home windows and makes them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards and vinyl bumpers in vehicles.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers to keep them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37) Florida 's favorite use is: 'cleans love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38) In the state of New York WD-40 protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40) Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting and itch away immediately.
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag. 42) Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and re-wash. Presto! Lipstick is gone! 43) If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap, it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
The basic ingredient in WD-40 is FISH OIL.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Who stops to think?
Who gets involved?
Monday, June 23, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Does not appear in modern thinking about relationships
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
All those people around you.
All carrying thoughts
All thinking something
What do people think?
Hurrying around silently passing each other
Locked in private thoughts
Thoughts of the day
Where they are going
What they have to do
Who they are meeting
Who they have met
Things they want to buy
Things they want to eat
Things they want to say
And so the day rolls on
Hearing or seeing the news, the latest disasters and problems, the latest lies and deceits
No time for something new just happy to get through the day
Wait a minute is this thinking or is it responding in a programmed way to life and the familiar actions we take?
For most just the actions of the day
And even when thinking is involved often the outcomes are already programmed
Acceptable patterns of response, culturally safe positions for everything
As for thinking how do I do that when life keeps me running around doing mundane routines?
And all irrelevant because it is our own personal intentions that make the difference
Our own disciplines
Will and character
We can move beyond the routine thoughts
Move to a state where we choose not to think although that takes some practice and work
Or we can choose to control our thinking and again this takes some work to discipline our minds.
Important choice really whether or not we wish to slip through life following the herd
Or alternatively we can decide to become masters of ourselves
And those two options to stop thinking or to control our minds are one and the same
Our minds dominate our lives
That is true however we can either let our minds control us or we can learn to control them
If you wish to move ahead in your consciousness evolution then you have to learn to control your mind
Controlling the mind can start any time but we warned it is not easy
It is very difficult
So start by becoming more conscious of where your mind takes you
For most their minds take them all over the place
Anywhere and everywhere
See if you can hold your thoughts where you want them without letting them wander off elsewhere
Do this every day several times a day, in the car, bus wherever
Holding your mind on one point not letting it zoom off
The idea is to see how little control we have over our minds
How our minds control us
How nice it would be if we controlled them
Make a start learn about your own mind
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Letting the day take you where it will
Not worrying about delays or noise or crying children
Just being happy to experience a different day with the prospect of sleeping and eating in another country later
Pleasure at not having to work or do the normal things you have to do.
Pleasure that others have to organise your travel
Other people have to look after your safety
That they have to get you from a to b
That you can eat
Chat with new acquaintances
Your choice whather it is fun or misery
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
So nature makes us feel tired if you will.
Trust your intuition
Monday, June 16, 2008
And yet the influence of those early teachers is so powerful
Possibly the most important in our lives
For good and bad
Male and female teachers our role models
The first men and women in our lives apart from our parents
In class room environments where we listened and heard what they told us
Absorbing the knowledge they imparted
Laying the foundations for how we understand everything in later life
Being taught how to listen
How to learn and study
And then without looking back hurrying off into life
Teachers forgotten in the excitement of adult life
Good idea to look back sometimes and see if those teachers did us favours or damage
Quite often we do not realise how our thoughts and ideas are stuck in the perceptions and prejudices of those teachers
Check it out
Those early teachers had impact upon your view of the world
Make sure that their values are now yours only if you agree with what they taught you
Otherwise move on to your own views and values
New week indeed
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Later in life they arguably lead to many so called modern diseases such as diabetes and MS, which in turn can lead to disability and death
The truth is difficult to arrive at because anyone who challenges the effectiveness of vaccinations is labelled uncaring, irresponsible or accused of putting children's lives at risk
Often the whole weight of the local or national medical establishment is brought to bare on the scientist or writer who dares write anything challenging the current belief about vaccinations
We could go through each and every program from mumps to chicken pox and point out their failures however that is not the purpose of this blog
Rather we want to suggest that this subject is one that every parent should inform themselves about
There are today many good articles and websites addressing this subject on the InternetThe most contentious issue is the one concerning multiple vaccinations, which have negative and long term effects that are not fully understood or researched
It is a subject that should give pause
Nature never gives multiple diseases at the same time
Man does through many current vaccination programs
Dangerously vaccinations do not set up life long immunity meaning that vaccinated children can again be at risk from the same disease later in life
This is the reverse of what used to happen when children contracted what were known as childhood diseases such as mumps and chicken pox and then would have life long immunity
Many of today's problems from diabetes to MS are, it is suspected, stemming directly from vaccinations given while young
Young immune systems are not designed to experience the traumas delivered by multiple vaccinations
Little comment is made of the long term effects of various vaccination programs because little research has been done in this area
There is bitter disagreement about the relationship between diabetes, MS and ME with childhood vaccination programs
Consider carefully before vaccinating your children
If you are legally obliged or feel it is correct to vaccinate them then do so but only one vaccination at a time and not too close together is considered sensible
Therefore it is wise to proceed with caution
Your decisions can effect the lifetime health of your children
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
We are guided by common knowledge and other people's experiences
LIfe will not be as you think it will be so focus on enjoying life now
Push worrying out of it.
More detailed ideas on feeling safe take time but start with the idea that feeling safe is a function of where you go in your mind
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Shops are empty and shut
Banks shut too and the ATMS don't workLife as you have known it finishes
What would you do?
What steps would you take?
Do you even know what to buy, before everything is gone?
Time to become aware because this situation can happen more often over the coming period
Basic foods such as rice, pasta, sugar, and salt are long lasting and essential
Matches because if there is no electricity suddenly matches have importance
Batteries run down and are not easy to find
And if you have to move without roads or public transport what would you carry with you?
Might seem funny to some however those of us who have been there know how fast things can change when they go
So times are a changing
The unthinkable can happen
Throughout history it always has
Can you imagine?
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Luxury is important as a measure of my success
So maybe true success is not about winning, not about public acclaim
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
Monday, June 09, 2008
Sunday, June 08, 2008