Sunday, December 23, 2007

Car secret


Quick question, what side of your car is your gas/petrol tank filler cap?

If
you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away.

My
solution is to uncomfortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look.
.
If you don't do this in your own car you more than
likely have done it in a borrowed or rental car.
..
Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you a little secret
so you will no longer put your neck at risk of discomfort or injury.
.
If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump..
.
The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right
side of the pump.
.
If your tank filler pipe is on the left, the handle
will be on the left.
.
If your filler pipe is on the right, the handle
will be on the right (see photo above).
.
It is that simple!

.
I don't know how you feel about this discovery right now, but when found out I felt pretty cheated!
.
Why don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers?
.
I don't understand why this isn't in the driver's/owner's manual?

And
why don't our favorite mechanics think of mentioning this to us all?
.
The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't even know themselves!
.
Go out and share the world's best kept auto secret with your friends ... this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

No comments: