Monday, September 13, 2010

I don't run for trains.........



Snub your destiny

I have taught myself to resist running to keep on schedule

This may seem like very small piece of advice, but it registered

In refusing to run to catch trains I have felt the true value of elegance and aesthetics in behaviour 

A sense of being in control of my time, my schedule, and my life

Missing a train is only painful if you run after it

Likewise not matching the idea of success others expect from you is only painful if that's what you are seeking

You stand above the rat race and the pecking order

Not outside of it, if you do so by choice

Quitting a high paid position, if it is your decision, will seem a better pay off than the utility of the money involved

This is the first step towards the stoic's throwing a four letter word at fate

You have far more control of your life if you decide on your criterion by yourself

Consider that the grapes we cannot or did not reach are sour

But an aggressive stoic prior disdain and rejection of the grapes is even more rewarding

Be aggressive be the one to resign if you have the guts

It is more difficult to be a loser in a game you set up yourself

This means that you are exposed to the improbable only if you let it control you

You always control what you do so make this your end

N Taleb

No comments: