Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Skydiving




Is something that came into my life at an early age

17 to be precise in the army as a British Paratrooper going through basic training

First jump was on a cold grey snowy January day and wow it blew me away

Went on to do many different kinds of jumps into trees, jungle, halo,desert at night and so on
.
After leaving the Army I found myself in Canada and the States and took up skydiving again
.
Then for many years jumping was an integral part of my life fitted around a busy job. living in many different countries and bringing up a family
.
Why I am going here?
.
Because if you have not jumped then go and do so
.
Only do so though at an accredited drop zone where they belong to the National Association
.
You can now learn in a tunnel if you do not want to go out of a plane straight away
.
And for why?
.
Because it shows you things about yourself
.
There is a feeling of freedom unlike most you have ever known
.
Our world is so beautiful it is time you saw it without the constraint of a little aeroplane window
.
It is one of those things all should do at least once in their lives
.
Live life do not get to forty or fifty saying oh I wish I had done this 'n that
.
I wrote this because circumstances make it difficult for me to jump at the moment and I want to share how amazing the experience is and tell you to go and jump
.
Life is to be lived go live please
.
Put a little psychological risk into your life, confront your fears, find freedom
.
Skydive

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

very very nice blog! :) Puts a perspective on things!