Monday, April 13, 2009

Insights - 2


I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. - Schweitzer
.
...that best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. - William Wordsworth
.
One should count each day a separate life. - Seneca

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. - Gandhi

It is not so much our friend's help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. - Epicurus

Intense love does not measure; it just gives. - Mother Teresa

If you want to know the past, look at your present life. If you want to know the future, look at your present." - Buddha

The words 'I am...' are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you. - A.L. Kitselman.

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. - Kahlil Gibran

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough - Frank Crane

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars - Charles Beard

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide - Gandhi

Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination - Roy Goodman

There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it - Edith Wharton

The important thing is to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could be. - Charles DuBois

Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you - Madeline Bridges

When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion- Abraham Lincoln

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

No comments: