Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Some quotes

.
.



You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you
Joseph Campbell

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.
The second best time is now.
Chinese Proverb

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Gandhi
.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Theodore Roosevelt
.
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
.
All is flux, nothing stays still.
Heraclitus
.
For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
.
Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious.
Peter Ustinov
.
Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James

I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it.
Frank Howard Clark
.
If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.
Mohandas Gandhi
.
If you could choose one characteristic that would get you through life, choose a sense of humor.
Jennifer Jones
.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.
Francis Bacon
.
There is nothing more uncommon than common sense.
Frank Lloyd Wright
.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
Steven Wright

No comments: