Thursday, July 14, 2011

Adrenaline rush



A mother passing by her daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. 
.
Then she saw an envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. 
.
It was addressed, "Mom." 
.
With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope and read the letter with trembling hands:
.
.
Dear Mom: 
.
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. 
.
I had to elope with my new boyfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and you. 
.
I've been finding real passion with Ahmed and he is so nice-even with all his piercings, tattoos, beard, and his motorcycle clothes. 
.
But it's not only the passion Mom, I'm pregnant and Ahmed said that we will be very happy. 
.
He already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. 
.
He wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. 
.
Ahmed taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with his friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. 
.
In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Ahmed can get better; he sure deserves it!! 
.
Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. 
.
Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grand children.
.
Your daughter, Judith
.
.
.
PS:  Mom, none of the above is true. 
I'm over at the neighbor's house. 
I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card that's in my desk center drawer. 
I love you! 
Call when it is safe for me to come home

No comments: