Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Friedrich Nietsche



That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
.
It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
.
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
.
You have your way. 

I have my way. 

As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
.
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.
.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
.
Nietzsche began his career as a classical philologist before turning to philosophy. 
.
In 1869, at the age of 24 he was appointed to the Chair of Classical Philology at the University of Basel making him the youngest individual to have held this position. 
.
But he resigned in the summer of 1879 due to health problems that plagued him most of his life.
.
Nietzsche's influence remains substantial within and beyond philosophy, notably in existentialism, nihilism and postmodernism
.
His style and radical questioning of the value and objectivity of truth have resulted in much commentary and interpretation, mostly in the continental tradition.

No comments: