Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Old riddles



What three numbers have the same answer when added together and multiplied together?
Answer: 1, 2, 3
.
What bone has a sense of humor?
Answer: Humorous
.
What did the leg bone say to the foot?
Answer:"Stick with me and you'll go places.
.
What did the rib cage say to the heart?
Answer:"Got ya covered!
.
What force and strength cannot get through, I with a gentle touch can do, and many in the streets would stand, were I not as a friend in hand.
Answer: A key!
.
What walks all day on its head?
Answer: A nail in a horseshoe
.
What is round as a dishpan and no matter the size, all the water in the ocean can't fill it up?
Answer: A sieve
.
I have many eyes but cannot see.
I have no mouth or nose, but always smell.
Do not eat my tree or you will be, a very rare fatality!
Answer: A potato
.
The more of them you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
Answer: Footsteps
.
He who has it doesn't tell about it. 
He who takes it doesn't know about it. 
He who knows what it is doesn't want it.
What is it?
Answer: Counterfeit money
.
It lives without a body, hears without ears, speaks without a mouth, and is born in air. What is it?
Answer: An echo
.
I fasten it and it walks. 
I unfasten it and it stops. 
What is it?
Answer: A sandal
.
What goes around and around the wood but never goes into the wood?
Answer: The bark of a tree
.
I have a little house in which I live all alone. 
My house has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. 
What am I?
Answer: A chicken in an egg
.
Poke your fingers in my eyes and I will open wide my jaws. 
Linen cloth, quills, or paper, I am greedy and devour them all. 
Who am I?
Answer: A pair of scissors
.
It stands on one leg with its heart in its head. What is it?
Answer: A cabbage
.
What is is that you will break every time you name it?
Answer: Silence
.
What fastens two people yet touches only one?
Answer: A wedding ring.
.
I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. 
You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. 
I am always in risk, yet never in danger. 
You may find me in the sun, but I am never seen out of darkness.
Answer: The letter -S-
.
What is put on a table and cut, but never eaten?
Answer: A pack of cards
.
I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. 
What am I?
Answer: Pencil graphite (sometimes referred to as pencil "lead", although it is not made of lead!)
.
I am around long before dawn.
But by lunch I am usually gone.
You can see me summer, fall, and spring.
I like to get on everything.
But when winter winds start to blow;
Burr, then it's time for me to go!
What am I?
Answer: The dew.
.
What's full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge.
.
What has four fingers and one thumb, but is not alive?
Answer: A glove.
.
How many letters are in the alphabet?
Answer: 11 (count them: the alphabet)
.
What grows in winter, dies in summer, and grows roots upward?
Answer: An icicle
.
What flies without wings?
Answer: Time
.
What is bigger when new and grows smaller with use?
Answer: Soap (or a pencil, crayon, chalk, etc.)
.
What force and strength cannot do, I with a simple touch can do; yet many in the street would stand, were I not a friend at hand. 
What am I?
Answer: A key.
.
You can draw me, fire me or fill me in. 
What am I?
Answer: A "blank"
.
Name three keys that unlock no doors.
Answer: monKEY, donKEY, turKEY
.
What turns everything around, but does not move?
Answer: A mirror.
.
While walking across a bridge I saw a boat full of people. 
Yet on the boat there wasn't a single person. 
Why?
Answer: Every one on the boat is married.
.
What has four legs, a head, and leaves?
Answer: A dining table
.
What has wheels and flies (not an airplane)?
Answer: A garbage truck
.
What am I? 
I am the only thing that always tells the truth.
I show off everything that I see.
I come in all shapes and sizes. 
So tell me what I must be!
Answer: a mirror.
.
What happens twice in a week, and once in a year, but never in a day?
Answer: The appearance of the letter "e"!
.
Where do you find roads without vehicles, forests without trees, and cities without houses?
Answer: On a map!
.
What are two things you cannot eat for supper?
Answer: Breakfast and lunch! (but, some people love to eat breakfast foods for lunch or supper)
.
A man is asked what his daughters look like. He answers, "They are all blondes, but two, all brunettes, but two, and all redheads, but two." How many daughters did he have?
Answer: Three: one blonde, one brunette and one redhead.
.
What time is it when 12 cats chase a mouse?
Answer: 12 after 1!
.
What has a tongue, cannot walk, but gets around a lot?
Answer: A shoe!
.
What is black and white and read all over?
Answer: A newspaper!
.
A man without eyes saw plums on a tree;
He neither took plums, nor left plums Now how can that be?
Answer: The answer lies in the singular. The man doesn't have eyes, but he does have one eye. He saw plums, (2 plums). He didn't take plums (he only took one plum), so he didn't leave plums, he left one plum.
.
Twelve pears hanging high, twelve men passing by Each took a pear and left eleven hanging there. 
How can this be?
Answer: "Each" was the name of one of the men passing by.
.
There's a one story house that's all blue inside. 
The floor was blue, the lamps were blue,the walls were blue,everything was blue. 
So what color were the interior stairs?
Answer: It's a one-story house, so there are no stairs.
.
What word looks the same upside down and backwards?
Answer: SWIMS
.
He has dust in his eye and a fan for a wing a leg akimbo on which he can sing and dye in his mouth instead of a sting
What is he?
Answer: a grasshopper!
.
What word looks the same upside down and backwards?
Answer: SWIMS
.
Have you heard the saying what goes up must come down? 
Well what goes up and never goes down?
Answer: Your age!
.
What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?
Answer: Incorrectly!
.
If an electric train is going east at 60 miles an hour and there is a strong westerly wind, which way does the smoke from the train drift.
Answer: Electric trains don't produce smoke
.
What runs around a house but doesn't move?
Answer: A fence!
.
What kind of fish chases a mouse?
Answer: A Catfish
.
What is a cat on Ice?
Answer: A Cool Cat
.
Do you know why orange juice is so smart?
Answer: It concentrates!
.
Reading through the above we can see how our times have changed
.
From simple use of brain to fingers on the internet and eyes on the TV
.
Not sure which is more friendly and enjoyable

No comments: